Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sinful Colors Call You Later



Today's manicure is Sinful Colors Call You Later. Another impulse buy; I was at Walgreen's picking up something for my husband (who's sick) and grabbed a few Sinful colors. From my experience with Sinful, I find them to be best for layering - as they have pretty sheer coverage. You can purchase Sinful Colors from Walgreens for 1.99 (the display tends to be up high or close to the floor - so you can miss it if you're not looking out), also some colors are available from cherryculture.com and sinfulcolors.com. I don't believe this polish is available anywhere other than Walgreens yet as it is fairly new.
Since I was already wearing OPI DR 1968 from yesterday, I decided to layer Call You Later on top. Based on the coverage, I would say it's not worth the effort wearing this solo (unless you LIKE sparse coverage) but it makes a great glitter top coat over another creme or shimmer.
Call You Later has a clear base loaded with gold microglitter and chunky green glitter. You can add coats depending on how much glitter you want. This mani is one coat Nubar Nu Nails, three coats OPI Damone Roberts 1968, one coat Nubar Diamont, another three coats of Sinful Call You Later, and one coat of Nubar Diamont.



1 comment:

  1. This layering combo is brilliant! I think I'll try this sometime this month of green.

    ReplyDelete