Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Strange Beautiful Volume 4 Series. Inspiration: Cheap foundation


Today's manicure is from StrangeBeautiful Color Volume 4.
It's the tan one.
Jane's Inspiration:
A very wrong color choice of cheap foundation

As you can see, I just cut my nails down to nubbins.
This color is a very washed out slightly orangey tan creme color that somewhat resembles diarrhea. I could never bring myself to purchase the controversially beloved OPI & Apple Pie, but I can't imagine that shade being much better or worse than this one. I have to say that although the bottle color is hideously compelling, on the nail I think this polish is strangely innocuous.
NOTE: This looks to be pretty much an exact dupe of Revlon Street Wear Burnt.
This mani is one coat Nubar Nu Nails, three coats of polish, and one coat of Nubar Diamont top coat topped with Seche Vite top coat.
This picture was taken indoors with artificial light in a lightbox:

This picture was taken outdoors in direct sunlight:

No comments:

Post a Comment