Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Essie Going Incognito


Today's manicure is Essie Going Incognito from the new Holiday 2010 release The Winter Collection. The tagline: "Intriguing Color Is The New Sexy" *barfs in mouth*.
Anywho, most of the colors were boring. EW was all, "hey guys, how's about we take the fall collection and make it a little darker." I wasn't really interested in any of the other colors, but I always fall for the greens.
Going Incognito is a slightly blue toned/a little jelly-ish green creme. It's very nice, though the formula is kinda meh - runny/streaky syndrome. Plus, I had a few dupe-y greens in the collex.
This mani is one coat of Nubar Nu Nails, two coats of polish, and one coat of Nubar Diamont topped with one coat Seche Vite.
These photos were taken indoors using an artificial light source.



Comparisons:
All of these swatches are two coats with no top coat.
Sorry about my cuticles...

I messed this one up. Accidentally swatched pa A9 instead of the darker A32 I intended...
Thumb to Pinky: LA Girl Flare Envy?, Nubar Forest, Essie Going Incognito, Rescue Beauty Lounge Recycle, pa A96
I am guessing on Envy because I bought it from Urban Outfitters and it has no label (I think purposefully, which is frustrating).


Thumb to Pinky: BB Couture Poison Ivy, Ciate Stiletto, Essie Going Incognito, Finger Paints Scenery Greenery, Cosline 708


Here are the two shades closest imo:
Finger Paints Scenery Greenery (which is a tad darker with less blue tone) and LA Girl Flare in what I believe is Envy (see explanation above) which seems like a dead dupe to me. I think Envy, or whatever it is, is hard to find. I'm not sure LA Girl makes the Flare line anymore. Scenery Greenery is part of Sally's FP Core Line.

2 comments:

  1. This looks a lot like OPI Jade Is The New Black. I'd love to see them side by side for a comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure love that green. If there's a dupe to this than I will be happy. I have a bunch of LA Girls from the Dollar Store. That Envy isn't one of them though. Darn. I hope it's a dupe for Jade Is the New Black. That I already have. I also have BB Couture's Poison Ivy which is my all time favorite polish.

    ReplyDelete