Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

MAC Style Clan AKA Magic Poo


Today's manicure is the new MAC Style Clan from their Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale collection launching this Thursday, October 28. I picked this up from the local PRO Store, which gets collections early. Style Clan is a muddy taupe brown color with subtle copper glitter. This mani is one coat Nubar Nu Nails, two coats polish, and one coat Nubar Diamont topped with Seche Vite. As you can see, these t/c did not play well with the MAC and I ended up with gross bubbling. The formula is typical MAC, thick and still somehow patchy. The copper accent is just too subtle in this polish. It looks nice in bright light, but in anything else it barely shows and the base ends up looking like a creme identical to OPI You Don't Know Jacques.



Comparison:


All photos were taken indoors using an artificial light source.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so getting this - LOVE!!!!
    Amina
    http://aminasbazaar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shade but could've saved myself some money. I already have YDKJ! I am laughing at your Magic Poo!

    ReplyDelete