Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Friday, October 22, 2010

Red Dead Vamps


Today I'm bringing you MAC Concubine from the Fall/Winter 2010 Nail Trend Collection and Loreal Femme Noir from the recent drugstore LE collection Midnight Muse (only one bottle per display). I was surprised to like Concubine because I went to the counter with the express plan of buying just Jade Dragon and Ming Blue and when I swatched this, I grabbed it too. It's a lovely deep red jelly full of pink shimmer and looks better than it photographs in my opinion. Femme Noir is a lovely lit from within blackened red, that looks black indoors. It's only in good lighting that you catch this shimmery majesty.
Both these manis are two coats of polish over one coat of Nubar Nu Nails and topped with one coat of Nubar Diamont and one coat of Seche Vite.
These photos were all taken indoors using an artificial light source.


3 comments:

  1. Ooo! Femme Noir is really nice,however, I haven't seen it around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own any L'Oreal polishes. That's really gorgeous. I probably have a few like it. Concubine is lovely also. Love reds.

    ReplyDelete