Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Monday, August 29, 2011

Maybelline Scene on the Runway 2011


Today's manicures are two secretly awesome colors in the new Maybelline collection. When I first spotted the display at Rite Aid. I grabbed up Notorious Navy and Be Scene in Green (which turned out to be disturbingly frosty upon swatching). A subsequent visit caused me to reexamine the display, and two previously drab colors which I had dismissed as cremes under the unforgiving fluorescent lighting were discovered to have contrasting shimmer. I bought these two shades with the dubious names of Cool Couture and Purple Trend. Can't decide whether names this bland are better or worse than Suzi's puns.
Cool Couture is a greyed-out teal with turquoise shimmer. Purple Trend is a bruise colored brown-toned plummy purple with quite subtle blue shimmer, like MAC Blue Brown pigment.
While I did buy four of the six colors in this collection, I didn't purchase the boring mauve creme or typical gold shimmer.
These manis are one coat Spa Ritual Lacquer Lock bc, one coat CND Stickey bc, two coats of polish, and one coat of Seche Vite tc.
These pictures were taken indoors with artificial light.




2 comments:

  1. I like them both, but purple trend rocks! Weird and boring names...I agree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are both gorgeous. Hope they make it over the pond to the UK!

    ReplyDelete